Wednesday, April 1, 2009

My Watchband

Because watchbands are a necessity of any post.

And because I don't think my mom's here yet.

Ok, so I got my watch about two years ago in Switzerland. this is actually an epic story--and it's legitimately true, even though I can't spell that word. See, I really wanted a swatz watch, but I already had a watch so my dad didn't let me get another one until the very last minute when we saw them at this booth in the airport and they were going for really cheap. So we got one--it's a tweetybird watch with little sparkles all around the face and a little heart in the middle, and the cool thing was--it had this awesome (still has) cloth band for my wrist, with tweety bird in his various poses all over it, coupled with hearts (which is really weird, if you think about it, because isn't tweety bird a boy? talk about emasculating) anyways, I think that's the right word. So then I started running. And so the stupid little sweatband kept on getting sweatier and sweatier until you could hardly see tweety bird and it was disgusting. I am sure you're recoiling from your screen at this very moment. Well, we went back to Switzerland (no i am not a freak, i swear to god, we just stalk swiss people, i mean, everyone has to do that once in their life, might as well get it over with at any early age, right?) so, we were over in Switzerland stalking Swiss people, cuz, you know, they make like, awesome coocoo clocks, and we saw this swatz watch place and we were like 'hey! A way to get rid of that smelly old watch band!' so we went in, and asked for a replacement, because the swiss are so cool their change the watch band for you, at least, that's what they're sign said. but actually, the lady couldn't do it! she didn't have any more tweety bird watchbands, and apparently picking out another watchband for the watch just wouldn't work (i never did find out why, but I think it's because she was one of those German speaking Swiss ladies, and Germans are of course, heriditarily unhelpful--JK!! I'm part German, well, French, but apparently we're related to Constantine, so he's kinda a three-in-one deal right?) anyways, so, as I was saying, we couldn't get a replacement for this stupid watchband because the lady was being all german about it, so we couldn't get a replacement and it's still smelly to this very day! In fact, getting smellier with each track practice I participate in (because I always forget to take it off) so this entire post has really (I know, surprise, it's like subliminal messaging) been an argument against my doing track, something that every good thing should be (meaning, every good thing should end in an argument against me doing track) because I really don't like doing track, and I think that if every good thing ended with an argument against it, then I wouldn't have to do it any more!! And that would make them even... gooder!

2 comments:

  1. your posts just helped make my day. you see, my conversations at crew already did, but I can't say they did because I was talking mostly about wierd apocalypses. Besides I need two things to make my day today because I have a chem test tomorrow and I failed at solving the rubiks cube in a way so that the yellow is around the blue and so on. It was soo confusing. I'll go eat some more melted zebras now. ooh ooh you should read this post I will make soon. It will be epic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Grace...this made me laugh! :D

    ReplyDelete